Consultant Healthcare Lawyer
Do you want a ready-made caseload (of both corporate and individual healthcare clients) who you can service as a consultant lawyer on a fully remote basis and generous fee share arrangements in your favour? If so, then read on.
About BMA Law
BMA Law is a specialist healthcare law firm that was established by the British Medical Association (BMA), the professional association and trade union for around 200,000 doctors and medical students across the UK. Working closely with the BMA, BMA Law provides expert legal support for medical professionals and businesses.
We are seeking highly motivated and experienced Consultant Lawyers with 5+ years PQE to join our dynamic team at BMA Law on a fee share basis. In this role, you will provide specialised commercial legal advice and support to our clients operating in the healthcare sector. You will be responsible for offering expert guidance on a range of legal matters. We are specifically looking for Consultant Lawyers with healthcare expertise in the following areas:
- Partnership disputes;
- Commercial litigation;
- Property litigation;
- Commercial property law.
We also welcome applications from candidates looking for employed positions on a salaried basis.
Why work for us?
As a Consultant Lawyer at BMA Law you will receive:
- A generous (and uncapped) fee share arrangement of 60/40 in your favour (or up to 80/20 in your favour if you generate the client);
- Flexibility to plan your own working hours;
- Freedom to take holidays when you wish;
- Ability to work remotely or in our central London office;
- A dedicated marketing team;
- Accounts support, billing and IT support;
- Professional Indemnity Insurance cover;
- Excellent work life balance and a position that suits your lifestyle;
Due to the unique positioning of BMA Law the majority of the work is generated by BMA Law which we need lawyers to service, however we also welcome Consultant Lawyers with a following and/or the desire to build on the BMA Law brand.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Provide a high-quality legal service to BMA Law clients including doctors and medical organisations, such as GP practices and GP networks/federations, local medical committees (LMCs) and primary care networks.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients by gaining their confidence.
- Determine the most appropriate response to enquiries and liaise with colleagues/external provider firms as needed.
- Take instructions and conduct research in order to give pragmatic legal advice and draft robust legal documentation.
- Use commercial awareness, initiative and creativity in order to find practical solutions to client problems/requirements and pre-empt issues before they arise.
- Foster good working relationships with colleagues in BMA Law and adopt a collaborative approach to knowledge sharing.
- Foster good relations with clients.
- Develop and utilise precedent documents and standard processes wherever possible.
- Support internal procedures and systems of BMA Law including case management.
- Maintain the confidentiality of clients and the business of BMA Law.
Key skills and qualifications/experience:
- UK qualified solicitor with at least 5 years’ post qualification experience (PQE);
- Desire to service clients in the healthcare sector;
- Desire for flexible, remote, freelance working.
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
Our ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
BMA is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge as we recognise that diversity makes us stronger.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org