Practice Health Checks
Considering your practice’s future
With changes to the healthcare landscape, you may feel that the only option for your practice’s future is to hand back your core contract.
This is a big decision, and doing so may leave you exposed to significant financial liabilities. Our Practice Health Check service gives you the opportunity to review your practice’s unique situation, under the guidance of our expert solicitors. We will equip you with the information you need to make an informed decision, as well as consider alternative options to strengthen your partnership.
How does it work?
Our solicitors will:
- Review your Partnership Agreement, and consider the relevant GMS/PMS regulations to identify the process you would need to go through in order to hand back your contract
- Identify your exposure to redundancy costs
- Identify your exposure to premises costs
- Advise alternative courses of action where appropriate
- Give general advice on provisions which could be inserted or negotiated to mitigate the risks associated with being the ‘last man standing’
The review will be conducted remotely, so there’s no need for lengthy meetings or travel expenses. You will receive a comprehensive report at the end of the process, so you can come to an informed decision about your practice’s future.
The review process starts at £1600 + VAT, depending on the number of premises and employees at the practice.
In addition to reviewing the GMS/PMS contracts and your Partnership Agreement, we can also review other contracts (such as hire purchase agreements for copiers) at an additional cost.
Want to know more?
If you are interested in a practice health check, or you are seeking general advice on handing back your contract: