Our Services

Support At Home


When someone dies, someone – either an executor, named in their Will or their next of kin – will have to handle their outstanding affairs. This person is called a ‘Personal Representative’, and may be required to seek ‘probate’ or a ‘grant’.

A grant of probate is a legal document which you may need when managing the legal, tax and other administrative affairs relating to the deceased’s estate.

If you are acting as a loved one’s Personal Representative, it is likely to be a difficult time for you. Being named on a Grant is a significant legal role, and it is essential that you complete the probate process correctly as you will ultimately be held liable for any mistakes. Given the complexity and time-consuming nature of estate administration, many Personal Representatives opt to work with a solicitor throughout the probate process.


If someone has died without a Will, they are considered ‘intestate’. The rules of intestacy determine who will be the administrator, and who receives the deceased’s assets. Administering an intestate estate can be complicated, especially if the rules are contested.

To provide the best possible service, we work in partnership with the expert legal team at New Law Solicitors. Find out more about the experienced people who will deal with your case. Find out more >

How can BMA Law help?

If you are seeking legal advice about probate, intestacy or other estate administration, our dedicated probate solicitors will work with you throughout the case. You can choose the level of support you require, from help with forms up to full management of the probate process.

We will work with you no matter how straightforward or complicated the estate is. Our fixed fee system means you will get a quote upfront, and don’t have to worry about spiraling hourly costs.

Contact us